MS WRITE...

MS WRITE...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

From Rubenesque to Statuesque "Body Combat" Style - MORE Magazine


From Rubenesque to Statuesque "Body Combat" Style - MORE Magazine


December 30, 2009

Recently, I was thrilled to add MORE magazine (on-line) to my publishing credits when they published one of my essays entitled, "From Rubenesque to Statuesque" which tells a bit about my fitness journey during the course of this last year. (The link for the article appears above.)

Last year, during this same month of December, I was feeling pretty frustrated by both my stress level and my metabolism's inability to adjust for my carbohydrate intake in an aesthetically pleasing way. In short: I was overweight and not looking great. Though I've always been an exercise kind of girl, who enjoys the full complement of work-out classes that are out there, I was getting a real "diminished return" effect from the whole thing, so that set a plan of action into...well...action.

Being the time of year when folks make New Year's resolutions I thought the appropriate placement for this puppy (translation: this article) was right about here, on this date. Last year, I was looking toward a new day when I would feel more energetic and look a bit more like the "Fit Diane" from days of yore. Sure, older, but fit and that's just dandy. As it turns out, if you get your support system in place, quit eating carbohydrates as though they were helpings of youth elixir and take on some new work-outs that ask more of you...you'll get fit. Whooppee! Here's to maintenance of all things going well in our lives!
Cha-cha-cha! (In honor of the zumba classes I so enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment