MS WRITE...

MS WRITE...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quote Goodness...words to think by, courtesy of a wise Kripalu Yoga instructor and philosopher, Stephen Cope


January 26, 2010

Words are powerful stuff and for those of us who have said things we wish we could have shot right up into the sky and grabbed back, you know what I’m talking about. The positive part of that assertion is that words can also serve to inspire us, comfort us, and nourish us, really. (I know, not all of these blogs are humorous asides, so this blog entry would definitely be filed under "Words to Think By.") While I don’t always agree with the philosopher or the “quoter” – and, yep, that makes us the “quotees,” I do love the things that Stephen Cope writes and he’s got great street cred in that he is a psychotherapist and senior Kripalu Yoga teacher. “Quote goodness,” as I like to call it, comes in many forms and today’s selection is about the illusion of control and how much easier it is to surrender and see what happens from there. Why take the fabulously fun surprises out of life by trying to control everything? Why, indeed…


"I've learned to trust what I call the Braille method of living - relinquishing grand plans and schemes in favor of an intuitive approach, feeling my way from tree to tree, relinquishing my attempts to control the world and learning, instead, to trust a discerning surrender." Stephen Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment