MS WRITE...

MS WRITE...

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Wisdom of the Good Doctor...Dr. Seuss...inspirational quote...



April 19, 2010

The Wisdom of the Good Doctor

The only seemingly insurmountable challenge I’ve ever found related to Dr. Seuss and his words is spelling his blasted name correctly. After that, it was all green eggs and ham.

From the start, his books were a literary love connection for me, alleviating pressure from life’s challenges as his simple messages of hope, love and our status as world stewards were brought home to me time and time again.

Having long been enamored of his work I became even more so when I experienced the inspirational joy that was a “Kiddy Lit” unit in my teaching credential program. His genius is unparalleled and his books inspire me as much today as they did when I read, re-read and RE-re-read my very favorite, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

Today’s quote comes from the good doctor with a much-needed reminder to have fun – with language, with your life, with your work, with the people who you love wildly.

I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells.
--Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment