MS WRITE...

MS WRITE...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MOMISMS...pithy asides, succinct sayings and one-liners to live by, with, or in spite of...


February 24, 2010
Rainy Day Greetings Everyone~
(April...February) Showers Bring May Flowers And All Of That...

If you read yesterday’s blog (and, of course, I’m really hoping that’s true), then you know I’ve launched into a blog series I call, MOMISMS. Today’s MOMISM has to do with appearance because nothing really takes you away from spending time on your appearance, so much as motherhood. Am I right, ladies? Can I get a whoop-whoop out there?

Okay, well, anyway, so this pithy little saying for today’s MOMISM is a thought I had one morning as I made the mistake of greeting the mirror before my first cup of coffee.

By the way, some words of caution about mirrors. I thought it would be a fabulous idea to get one of those “objects (and pores) in the mirror may appear closer than they really are,” kind of mirrors for the purposes of plucking my eyebrows and what-not. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT forget to steel yourself for that encounter before you gaze at your beauteous visage. I don’t care how much natural beauty you are carrying in your DNA that thing is a weapon of mass destruction…destruction of the ego!

MOMISM #2

The bags under my eyes are getting so deep I greet the mirror
each morning with the question, “Paper or plastic?!“

No comments:

Post a Comment