MS WRITE...

MS WRITE...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The "NOT NOT" List...it's not that it's not a good idea to say the following when people are sick...


March 9, 2010

And here’s another installment of one of my “NOT NOT” lists that, purposely, is supposed to sound like “knock knock,” therefore providing that creative twist that seems to amuse only me.

There are so many topics to cover and as we, hopefully, crab walk our way out of March and, thus, exit the Season of Perpetual Flu, I thought I’d go ahead and deal with this whole issue of things that may not be all that helpful to say when someone is sick. My last “NOT NOT” list about hair was longish, so let’s see if I can keep this one shortish…the list, not my hair.

It’s NOT that it’s NOT helpful to make the following comments when someone tells you they’re sick:

1. I had that.
2. Have you taken anything for it?
3. Oh, man, I sure hope it’s not H1-N1 because you know people die from that, right?
4. You’re sick? Boy, get away from me. I don’t want it.
5. Why didn’t you stay home?
6. I hope you feel better than you look.
7. Well, I bet you look better than you feel.
8. Have you seen a doctor?
9. Have you had a flu shot?
10. How’d you get it?
11. Weren’t you just sick?
12. You really need to take care of yourself.
13. I hope you feel better.
14. I hope you don’t get worse.
15. Man, everybody has it, don’t they?

No comments:

Post a Comment